Pumpkin Maple Baked Oatmeal
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 2438
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 281g
Saturated Fat 171g
Trans Fat 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 22g
Monounsaturated Fat 66g
Total Carbohydrates 368g
Dietary Fiber 55g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 4 cups rolled oats
- ⅓ cup raw apple cider vinegar, lemon juice or sourdough starter
- 6 cups water
- ⅓ cup butter, coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 cup coconut milk or whole milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup maple syrup or honey or a half teaspoon stevia
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1½ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds, chopped
- apple slices & fresh or dried cranberries for decoration
- Combine rolled oats, choice of acid and water in a big bowl. Cover and let it soak overnight (if using sourdough) or up to 24 hours (using ACV or lemon juice).
- Morning arrives: Preheat the oven to 375 F. Grease a 9x13 baking dish. Drain oats through a fine sieve. Gently rinse and allow to drain while mixing together the other ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together butter, milk, pumpkin puree, eggs, maple syrup, sea salt, vanilla, spices and pumpkin seeds. Mix until smooth. Add in oats and stir gently.
- Pour oatmeal mixture into the greased baking dish and smooth out the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. It should be golden brown when done. Insert a knife, it should come out with very little crumbles when done.
- Allow the baked oatmeal to cool for about 10-15 minutes to set before cutting and serving.
- Cutting this in half is about the right amount for our family for one morning.