Cinnamon Maple Crunch Oatmeal
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 425
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 50g
Saturated Fat 14g
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 11g
Monounsaturated Fat 21g
Total Carbohydrates 121g
Dietary Fiber 14g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- Soak Your Oats!
- 1 cup GF Rolled Oats
- 1 tbsp ground buckwheat groats (*see note below)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (or fresh-squeezed lemon juice)
- Warm filtered water
- Cinnamon Maple Crunch Topping
- 1 tbsp butter (or coconut oil)
- 3 T maple syrup
- 1/3 cup crispy pecan pieces
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pure dark maple syrup for drizzling on top
- Raw milk, nut milk or coconut milk, also for drizzling
- Step One: Soaking Your Oats!
- Place the “Soak Your Oats” ingredients into a ceramic (or glass) mixing bowl or jar.
- Add enough warm filtered water to completely cover the mixture by an inch or two. Mix well to combine.
- Cover and place it in a warm area of your kitchen for 12-24 hours.
- Step Two: Making Cinnamon Maple Crunch Oatmeal
- Once soaking time is completed, drain oat mixture in a fine-mesh strainer and thoroughly rinse. Set drained oats aside, while you prepare the pecan topping.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter. Add maple syrup, stirring well to combine. Add pecans and cinnamon; toss to well coat the nuts and continue to cook for about a minute, just until the mixture begins to dry a bit. Turn off heat, place candied nuts in a small serving dish. If they are not yet crispy, then toast in a pan in the oven.
- In the same saucepan you used for the nuts, add 1 1/4 cups of filtered water and return pan to medium heat. Then, add the drained and rinsed soaked oats and bring them to a gentle simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3-5 minutes until desired consistency is reached.
- Divide oatmeal evenly among 2-3 bowls. Top with candied pecans, a big ole splash of milk and drizzle of pure maple syrup. This oatmeal is unbelievably yummy – so, enjoy!