This is my favorite cake recipe. Chock full of fiber and protein, it is both healthy and delicious! I will be giving you the basic cake recipe. You can then use this cake to make all sorts of gourmet desserts!
Sometimes I poke holes into it, melt some healthy chocolate, and pour it over the cake. After the chocolate is no longer hot, sprinkle some chunky salt on top.
I have often made a healthy icing by simply whipping cocoa powder into grassfed butter, and sweetening it with stevia. This will harden in the fridge.
My favorite version is to cut the cake into small squares and layer it into a large, glass bowl with whipped, lightly sweetened heavy cream and raspberries. It never fails to make people very happy. 🙂
Wait. I have another favorite version! Frost your piece of cake with cashew butter and sprinkle the top with chunky salt. It’s amazing.
Or! Get out your favorite cake serving plate, cut the cake into small pieces, and put a dollop of sweetened, whipped cream on top. I like to spoon my whipped cream into a baggie and cut off the corner. This makes a nice, controlled puff of cream. On top of your whipped cream you can sprinkle a bit of cocoa powder or grate a tiny curl or two of chocolate. Add a little, fresh mint leaf and you have a gourmet dessert in a short time with healthy ingredients!
- 4 c. cooked and drained black beans
- 6 eggs
- 1 stick butter or 1/2 c. coconut oil
- 1/2 c. cocoa powder
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. stevia
- 1 t. vanilla powder
- Blend in the blender for a full minute or more.
- Bake in a 9x13 pan for 30 minutes.
- You can also bake this in a cheesecake pan (with some extra for another pan) to make a fun dessert to decorate.
- The Vanilla Bean Cake version is the same except you switch out the cocoa for some sort of flour like coconut, almond, or whatever flour you would like to use. Also, add three times the vanilla.