My kids have been catching all kinds of stuff the past month. This last round, I decided to get crazy about this whole immune system thing! So besides slathering them with garlic salve, I made elderberry juice, and a fantastic immune boosting Vitamin C Sip, which shockingly, they loved.
Just a bit on baobab powder. It’s a weird ingredient that I didn’t know existed until I purchased Trim Healthy Table recently! But when I read up on it, I was amazed, and hastened to find some. I bought it from http://https://www.motherlandsfinest.com/products/baobab-fruit-flour. Look how inexpensive it is! This is a superfood of all superfoods. It has more vitamin C in it, (besides a hundred other amazing vitamins and stuff) than about any other food on the planet. Yay!
Here it is…kid approved Vitamin C Sip.
- 1-2 inches of peeled, fresh ginger root
- 1-2 c. water
- 1 heaping Tablespoon baobab powder
- 1/2 t. Bolivian stevia (to taste)
- 2 limes or lemons
- ice and water to fill four pint jars
- Blend the ginger and 1-2 c. of water. Don't blend it too long, as that can make the ginger fibers emulsify.
- Strain out the ginger.
- Add the baobab powder, stevia, and juice of the limes or lemons.
- Mix well.
- Pour even amounts into four 1 pint jars. Add ice and water to fill.