I love baking with fruit! My very favorite desserts include some sort of fruit. Sadly, when the craving hit yesterday, I only had a lemon or two in my fridge, and frozen cranberries in my freezer. So I said, “I can do this! I can bake with cranberries!”
It’s yummy ~ a very moist cake. But being honest with you, we are much more “blueberry” or “raspberry” people. 🙂 And Craig thinks this would be amazing with cherries. So take your pick! I’m guessing it would work great with any fruit!
- 3 c. frozen cranberries
- 1/4 c. water
- 1 tsp. stevia (Bolivian)
- 1 pkg. cream cheese
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1 tsp. stevia
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. powdered vanilla (1 tsp. regular vanilla)
- 10 drops orange EO
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 c. almond flour
- 1/4 c. coconut flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cranberries, water, and 1 tsp. stevia in a kettle and simmer until you hear the cranberries pop. Set aside to cool.
- Place cream cheese into a basin of hot water until it is warmer than room temperature.
- Whip the cream cheese, butter, and 1 tsp. stevia until smooth and creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Spray a 9" spring-form pan.
- Spread a little more than half the batter into the pan.
- Blend your cranberry mixture in a blender.
- Pour it (or dollop--it's thick!) onto the mixture in the pan. If you want the look, then take a butter knife and twist it around a bit. Otherwise it will look layered.
- Spread the remaining batter on top.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- About any other kind of berries would work as well! Blueberries, raspberries, cherries...etc. For blueberries, I would add only 1/2 tsp. of stevia to the berry mix, as they are not nearly as tart as cranberries. Also, I use the orange EO only with cranberries.